Occupational Certificate: Early Childhood Development Practitioner
The purpose of Occupational Certificate: Early Childhood Development Practitioner
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as an Early Childhood Development Practitioner.
An Early Childhood Development Practitioner plans and prepares early childhood activities, facilitates and mediates learning, observes and assesses the progress of children, and reflects on learning in an inclusive, play-based environment to support holistic development of children (from conception - school going) in different centre-based or non-centre based settings.
A qualified learner will be able to:
- *Plan and prepare broad-phase learning environment and stimulating activities that meet the holistic needs of all children in centre-based or non-centre-based settings.
- *Facilitate and mediate all aspects of the daily programme in a centre-based or non-centre based setting.
- *Observe, assess and record each child's progress according to the age and stage.
- *Compile a report of each child's progress.
- *Maintain and promote the well-being, health, nutrition, safety and protection of children.