Occupational Certificate: Office Administrator (NQF Level 5)
The purpose of Occupational Certificate: Office Administrator (NQF Level 5)
This occupational qualification provides an opportunity for the learner to acquire a range of administrative skills to coordinate the activities of an office including information management and operational processes.
Qualified learners will be competent to support management with office and information administration demonstrating a range of administrative and communication skills. They will be able to function in Human Resource, Marketing, Public Relations or Financial departments/unit which will enable them to accomplish tasks professionally and efficiently in the increasingly computerised environment of a business office in accordance with national and international standards in the field. The learner will also understand cultural diversity, multicultural communication and the principles of a professional image and grooming to promote the image of the organisation.
A qualified learner will be able to:
- *Manage resources according to good governance policies and procedures to facilitate the smooth and effective operational activities within the organisation
- *Manage, coordinate and assist in the administration and clerical support of the specific departments to facilitate the smooth running thereof by using computerised systems and practices
- *Assist in selection process, induction, employee wellness and skills development of employees.
- *Process given data to complete a Workplace Skills Plan.
- *Assist in the administrative function of the marketing, public relations and advocacy of the organisation.
- *Communicate effectively using appropriate methods to maintain effective customer relationships according to organisational standards customer service of internal and external stakeholders.
- *Plan, administer and provide support services to a special project within an organisation.